Hidden Island Support Bracket
Counter supports for extended granite or heavy countertop overhang, the Hidden Island Support Bracket is used when there is no knee wall or pony wall. The perfect concealed steel support for countertop overhang for a kitchen Island or breakfast bar.
This bracket is designed to attach to the inside of the front wall of the cabinet and will extend through the cabinet.
Dimensions of the Hidden Island Support Bracket:
Width..... 2-1/2 inches
Thickness..... 1/2 inch
How To Determine What Size Bracket?
The bracket will be mounted to the inside of the cabinet. Start by measuring your cabinet from the inside front wall (where the doors are) to opposite side of the cabinet (for our example we are saying this measurement is 22 inches). Next, take your measurement you just did (22 inches) and add the inches of the overhang of the countertop (for example 15 inches), then minus 3 inches (to stay away from the outer edge of the countertop). This example would give you a total of 34 inches (22 +15 - 3= 34) - you would then need to order a 34 inch Hidden Island Support Bracket
Hidden Island Support Bracket Features:
- Virtually invisible, gives your Island the appearance of floating.
- Non-intrusive. No corbels needed. No knee knocking.
- Flange is welded onto the support bracket
- Economical way to protect your countertop investment.
- Completely open space allowing room for chairs and legs.
- Easy to install
- Made of ½ inch thick by 2 ½ inch wide Solid American steel
- Bracket end has beveled edge for safety.
- Screw hole on each side of the flange
- Textured Powder Coasted for a rust free resistant finish in black
- Free Ground Shipping
- Made in the USA
- Package is (1) bracket
Helpful Information and Downloads:
- Download Spec/Cut Sheet
- When will my order ship once the order is placed? [Information can be found here on when your order will ship.]
- How many brackets do I need? [We recommend spacing your brackets 16-20 inches apart. The Installation Guide can be further help.
- Most common FAQ
- (Revised 6/16/2017)
Although we have standard sizes we can manufacture special order brackets with specifications to your request.
Have questions? Give us a call 888-584-1112
*Orders with brackets totaling over 20 brackets please read shipping info for lead time.
- Reviews (90)
- Questions (5)
Best brackets ever!
Customer service was so helpful verifying the size and type of brackets I needed. Our contractor was so impressed by the quality and price of our brackets that I gave him the catalog! Our island is over 10 feet long and these were the perfect bracket to protect our granite. Smooth edges, they can't be seen and our legs don't bump into them! Fast delivery! We were VERY happy!
It looks, well it can not be seen, but it looks great
Highly recommend Original Granite Bracket support brackets
Very heavy duty 1/2" thick brackets. We highly recommend these brackets over many others out there. We use brackets from Original Granite Bracket on all our projects where bracket support is needed.
Great Attention to Detail
The brackets are certainly heavy duty and mount easily. Mine arrived very quickly and we packed very well. I was impressed. Easy to install and super strong too. Customer service was top notch to say the least. You will not regret this purchase.