Free Hanging Shelf Bracket
Floating shelves, floating bathroom vanity, floating mantel or hearth, floating desk, floating shower seat/bench, all are supported by the Free Hanging Shelf Bracket. This bracket is the perfect concealed support bracket for supporting a floating bathroom vanity or floating shelf. Your choice of Steel or Solid Aluminum material.
This bracket is made to mount directly to the 2x4 wood studs inside your wall before the sheetrock goes up (If studs are metal, watch the video below before installing the Free Hanging Shelf Bracket) the Free Hanging Shelf Bracket must be mounted into wood studs to support the weight of the shelf, etc. We recommend hitting each of your 2x4 studs for maximum protection.
How to install the Free Hanging Shelf Bracket to Metal Studs:
By mounting above, as well as below the horizontal piece, this prevents any type of twisting of the horizontal piece. After the bracket is mounted cover the wall with the finished board of your choice.
How to Determine the Size Bracket You Will Need:
When measuring for length remember the horizontal piece is measured tip to tip. Remember to also include the part of the brace that will be inside of the wall [usually about 3 inches]. For example, if you have a 12-inch wide shelf you would stay 2-4 inches from the outer edge, plus the 3 inches inside the wall. Therefore, 12 inches minus 3 inches (from the outer edge) plus 3 inches (inside the wall) equals a 12-inch Shelf Bracket.
See our installation guide for the Free Hanging Shelf Bracket for more info before you order.
Length.... [choose in listing] This is the total length of the horizontal piece of the bracket from tip to tip. [Remember that approximately 3 inches will be inside the wall]
Width.... 2-1/2 inches
Thickness.... 1/2 inch
Dimensions of the Vertical Tang:
Vertical Length.... 11 inches [5.25 inches above horizontal piece and 5.25 inches below horizontal piece]
Width.... 2-1/2 inches
Thickness.... 1/4 inch
Hole Dimensions.... 1/4 inch [3 holes above horizontal piece and 3 holes below horizontal piece]
Free Hanging Shelf Bracket Features:
- Made from Steel or Solid Aluminum Material.
- Floating Shower Seat/Bench (We recommend using the Aluminum Bracket, Will Never Rust).
- Virtually invisible, gives your shelf, countertop, desk, bathroom vanity or fireplace mantel the appearance of floating.
- Aluminum Bracket is perfect for exterior applications.
- The perfect countertop overhang bracket.
- Easy to install.
- Screw holes are on top and bottom of the vertical piece.
- Welded for solid strength.
- Made of 1/2-inch-thick by 2 1/2-inch-wide American Steel or Solid Aluminum.
- Painted with a matte black finish.
- The bracket may be painted with anti-rust spray paint.
- Free Ground Shipping.
- Made in the USA.
- The package is (1) bracket.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty**
- All of our Aluminum brackets are painted with a double coat of rust inhibitor black paint.
Helpful Information and Downloads:
- Download spec sheet for this bracket
- When will my order ship once the order is placed? [Information can be found here on when your order will ship.]
- How many brackets do I need? [We recommend spacing your brackets 16-20 inches apart.] The Installation Guide can be further help.
- Most common FAQ
Although we have standard sizes, we can manufacture special order brackets with specifications to your request.
Have questions? Give us a call 888-584-1112
*Orders with brackets totaling over 20 brackets please read shipping info for lead time.
- customer service
The product was exactly what I was looking for, and when I called the helpdesk they were very helpful to make sure I got the right product I needed for my application. These brackets are very strong, and easy to install.
They are our preferred brackets - and that should say a lot coming from an Architectural Woodworking Firm. Great quality, reasonable price, and same day shipping is some of the many reasons we keep coming back!
We got three of these brackets to do a floating bench in our home's entry room. We made the bench from a slab of walnut with an original bark-covered edge (called a "live" edge), so the slab was uneven in width. This meant that we needed our three brackets to be different lengths. All this was no problem, and we got exactly what we needed. The brackets arrived quickly, and were a good price. I had two follow-up questions, which were answered promptly and courteously. I would definitely get these brackets again, if I have another project for them. The company was professional to deal with, and the product is great quality -- at a good price.
Superior product! Fantastic experience from purchase through to delivery and installation. We installed 72" floating granite vanity top supported by the brackets. Made life easy.
Website was helpful and easy to navigate. Ordering was simple. Shipped quickly. Arrived as expected based on what I'd seen online. Installation went smoothly using the provided screws. Overall, quick and painless solution to "float" our countertop. Highly recommended.