Hidden Island Support Bracket
Counter supports for extended granite or heavy countertop overhang; the Hidden Island Support Bracket is used when there is no knee wall or pony wall. The perfect concealed steel support for countertop overhang for a kitchen island or breakfast bar.
This bracket is designed to attach to the inside of the front wall of the cabinet and will extend through the cabinet.
Dimensions of the Hidden Island Support Bracket:
Length... [you choose]
Width.... 2-1/2 inches
Thickness.... 1/2 inch
How to Determine What Size Bracket?
The bracket will be mounted to the inside of the cabinet. Start by measuring your cabinet from the inside front wall (where the doors are) to the opposite side of the cabinet (for our example, we are saying this measurement is 22 inches). Next, take your measurement you just did (22 inches) and add the inches of the overhang of the countertop (for example, 15 inches), then minus 3 inches (to stay away from the outer edge of the countertop). This example would give you a total of 34 inches (22 +15 - 3= 34) - you would then need to order a 34-inch Hidden Island Support Bracket.
Hidden Island Support Bracket Features:
- Virtually invisible giving your Island the appearance of floating.
- Non-intrusive. No corbels needed. No knee-knocking.
- The flange is welded onto the support bracket.
- An economical way to protect your countertop investment.
- Completely open space allowing room for chairs and legs.
- Easy to install.
- Made of ½ inch thick by 2 ½ inches wide Solid American steel.
- Bracket end has a beveled edge for safety.
- Screw hole on each side of the flange.
- Free Ground Shipping*
- Made in the USA.
- The package is (1) bracket.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty**
- All of our Aluminum brackets are painted with a double coat of rust inhibitor black paint.
Helpful Information and Downloads:
- Download Spec/Cut Sheet
- When will my order ship once the order is placed? [Information can be found here on when your order will ship.]
- How many brackets do I need? [We recommend spacing your brackets 16-20 inches apart.] The Installation Guide can be further help.
- Most common FAQ
Although we have standard sizes, we can manufacture special order brackets with specifications to your request.
Have questions? Give us a call 888-584-1112
Orders with brackets totaling over 20 brackets please read shipping info for lead time.
*See Full Shipping Info
**See Terms and Conditions
- customer service
I have worked in the construction and design fields for over 40 years and have always looked for new products that can make a project go smoother and look cleaner at the finish. Granite Brackets is one of those products. The showroom I work for has been using them for over 2 years and they have allowed us to do things other products just can't do. I have even contacted your company with designs for kitchens and was provided very quick service for design and what would be the best way to use your products. Original Granite Brackets is a great product and a great company to work with.
From first contact with your company to completion ... no matter how many questions I had they answered me quickly. They worked perfectly.
I was very impressed with the build quality, paint, finish, and strength of the brackets. Fast shipping also! John White - Naperville, Il
Customer service was so helpful verifying the size and type of brackets I needed. Our contractor was so impressed by the quality and price of our brackets that I gave him the catalog! Our island is over 10 feet long and these were the perfect bracket to protect our granite. Smooth edges, they can't be seen and our legs don't bump into them! Fast delivery! We were VERY happy!
The hidden island support brackets worked perfect. Very easy to install. Will use on all my island and peninsula applications.